Save Saint Columba's Church logo

The Quatermass Monument

The inscription reads:

IHS

This stone and burial place
belongeth to Richd. and Paul
Quatermass of Swords, Tanners
and their posterity.
Anno domini 1778

Some photographs:

photo copyright Andrea Patterson 2014

The monument.

photo copyright Andrea Patterson 2014

The top of the monument, showing the inscription.

photo copyright Andrea Patterson 2014

The monument's position on the hillside, looking East towards the river and the town. It's the one furthest away from the camera.

photo copyright Andrea Patterson 2014

Again, the monument is the one furthest away from the camera. The large white building is the parish hall and school.

photo copyright Andrea Patterson 2014

View when standing at the graveside and looking back from the monument to the church.

photo copyright Andrea Patterson 2014

Map of the churchyard, with the monument's location marked in red.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Questions? Comments? Email Andrea.

Back to the heritage page.